The call for abstracts for the American Public Health Association’s (APHA) 2023 Annual Meeting and Expo is now open. Submissions related to all areas of public health are welcome, and abstracts related to the 2023 meeting theme, “Creating the Healthiest Nation: Overcoming Social and Ethical Challenges,” are encouraged. ASPPH also invites our members and their partner networks to submit abstracts to the Academic-Practice Linkages in Public Health (APLPH) Caucus.
The Caucus provides a forum to explore and discuss innovative approaches and effective interventions that support practice, education, and applied research by building bridges between academic and practice. Learn how to join the APLPH Caucus.
Session topics for the 2023 APLPH Caucus include:
- Academic-Practice Linkages to Move the Needle on the Social Determinants of Health
- Academic-Practice Linkages to Protect People Burdened with the Effects of Discrimination, Oppression, and Poor Health
- Academic-Practice Linkages to Improve Community Engagement Through Non-Traditional Partnerships
- Academic-Practice Linkages to Support the Development of Public Health Leaders
- Measuring the Impact of Academic-Practice Linkages in Public Health
- Academic-Practice Linkages for Innovation in Public Health Data Storytelling
- Academic-Practice Linkages: Leveraging Academic Health Departments to Strengthen Public Health Infrastructure
- Academic-Practice Linkages: Addressing Public Health Workforce Training Needs
Please visit https://apha.confex.com/apha/2023/cfp.cgi to submit your abstract by March 31, 2023.
The APLPH Caucus is proudly sponsored by ASPPH, in partnership with the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB). APHA 2023 will be held November 12-15 in Atlanta, GA. We look forward to seeing you there.
For questions related to the APLPH Caucus, please contact Kaitlin Tager, Manager of Workforce Initiatives, at email@example.com.