The call for abstracts for the AcademyHealth Public Health Services and Systems Research (PHSSR) Interest Group (IG) session is now open. The PHSSR IG provides information about the infrastructure of public health—its organization, workforce, financing, infrastructure, and management—and its role within the broader health system.
The goals of the 2023 PHSSR IG Session are to connect with PHSSR researchers and practitioners, share diverse perspectives and rigorous scientific research, and address the relationship between the PHSSR infrastructure and the COVID-19 pandemic as well as other critical public health issues and health equity.
The IG welcomes research that investigates linkages between public health services and system inputs and population health outcomes and/or demonstrates innovation in its methodological approach. Submissions related to PHSSR are encouraged.
Session topics include:
- Building public health system resilience, especially in relation to preparedness for, response to, and recovery from public health emergencies like COVID-19 and natural disasters
- Evaluating local, state, or federal policies to improve public health services and the public health system, and how they relate to the social determinants of health, population health outcomes across the life course, and/or health equity
- Emerging threats to population health, such as opioid misuse, infectious disease, and chronic disease, and their impact on public health services and the public health system
- Issues related to public health resources and other financial/economic issues, including their politicization, prioritization, and management
- Public health system-wide integration and/or cross-sector collaborations and their respective impacts on population health outcomes
- Public health infrastructure including workforce capacity and data systems
- Quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approach for PHSSR research such as measuring public health system-wide integration, cross-sector collaborations, resource allocation, workforce development, public health informatics, other public health services, etc.
The PHSSR IG is managing this Call for Abstracts. Submit your abstract by Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 5:00pm Eastern.
The PHSSR IG session will be held during AcademyHealth’s Annual Research Meeting (June 24-27, 2023, in Seattle, WA, in-person). Note that IG presenters need to register for the AcademyHealth meeting.
For questions related to the PHSSR IG and the call for abstracts, please contact the IG Advisory Committee Chair, Anushree Vichare at firstname.lastname@example.org