The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in partnership with the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC), is preparing for the 2023 National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing, and Media which will be held July 18-20, 2023 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta, GA.
To increase the public health workforce at a federal, state, and local level, they are hoping to increase student engagement for this conference, with a focus on graduate students in public health schools and programs. They have identified the following areas of interest for graduate students:
- Poster sessions specifically for graduate students
- Networking opportunities with CDC staff, state, and public health attendees (NPHIC)
- “Career fair” roundtables (with communication experts at the CDC)
- CDC human resources team – booth/table at the conference
- Student discounts for conference registration
- Networking opportunities with major companies exhibiting at the conference
Additional information about the conference is being added to the website as they confirm speakers and exhibitors. Additionally, the call for abstracts opened this week and submissions are accepted through April 13, 2023. We encourage faculty and students to take advantage of this informative and affordable opportunity to grow their public health careers.