Delta Omega National Public Health Honor Society is pleased to announce a call for nominations for the 2022 Delta Omega Award for Innovative Public Health Curriculum. The society created this annual award as part of its efforts to promote excellence in public health education, research, and practice.
The award objectives are to highlight public health course curricula that are innovative and to:
- Integrate actual public health practice experiences and examples into classroom discussions and exercises.
- Highlight models of collaborative, comprehensive, and community-based public health practice and scholarship.
- Emphasize the application of public health principles and science-based decision-making
- Focus on skills development.
- Involve community-sector partners in teaching.
- Use case studies and other examples of inter-disciplinary projects suitable for a multi-disciplinary audience.
To apply, please send:
- A brief (no more than three (3) pages) overview of the course, describing its rationale, and the public health educational needs that it addresses
- Examples of course materials, including: course purpose, syllabus, learning objectives, reading
materials, exercises/assignments, examinations, and evaluations
*Submitted materials should highlight how the course meets the award objectives and shall not exceed 20 pages. Electronic submissions are highly preferred.
Nominations are restricted to CEPH-accredited schools and programs of public health with an active chapter of Delta Omega. Nominations may be submitted by individual faculty members. Nominations from previous years are eligible, and resubmission is encouraged, as long as the curriculum is actively being taught. Nominations should be emailed to Delta Omega at Info@deltaomega.org by September 5, 2022.